Sunday, January 13, 2008

FanFest '08

My Grammy always told me that if I don't have anything nice to say, then I shouldn't say anything at all. I don't always take her advice (and I know I should), but I will try to hold my tongue on this subject. I do not have many positive comments on FanFest, so I'll just share some of the pictures I took and leave it at that.

For those of you who have considered going to FanFest and have never been, do yourself a favor and wait until it's held at Turner Field again. The previous years at the Ted have been awazingly awesome. This year was basically just a giant vendor expo with hours-long lines for "Braves Personalities" autograph sessions. (A friend waited in line for three hours and ended up with Zach Schreiber, whoever that is. She did see Peter Moylan, but very fleetingly and had no way of speaking to him.)

Pics after the jump:

The train ride in

Exterior of the Georgia World Congress Center

This is when we knew we were in trouble... Sign outside the room where we picked up tickets

Before we went downstairs to the actual floor, there was a window overlooking the whole floor where you could fill your eyes of the whole scene.

View to the right (autograph stages)

View of the center (mostly vendors, stage in the far back)

View to the left (trillions of vendors)

Jersey & hat lockers:

Moylan & McCann

Diaz & Soriano


Murph cutout!

Atlanta Crackers commemorative giant ball


Incredibly sucky. Sorry, gang, I wasn't in charge. :)


ETA: Here is the Braves' official site's account of the day, including pictures.

8 comments:

Leah said...

I agree, but I was able to get pictures of Mac and Frenchy though on Saturday. I swear I didn't follow them all day, but it seems like it with the pictures, lol. I got really close to them, but no autograph or picture to go along with it. :(

Anonymous said...

I was extremely disappointed. All I wanted to do was meet Smoltz and I was coming from out of town so I could only go on Saturday... and everyone I really like on the team was there on Sunday: Tex, Smoltz and Hudson. I did get to meet Brian Jordan, Buddy Carlyle and Mike Gonzalez and took a bunch of pictures of Chipper, McCann and Frenchy, but ya know, waiting 3 hours in line for an autograph then having the players switched out without notice is awful. But with all the money they made I'm sure they will keep it at the GWCC. :(

Besides all of that, my vacation in Atlanta was AMAZING. We toured the Ted (again) and got to see more than ever before. Found some houses I probably shouldn't have stumbled upon also... hint: you sent it to me in an e-mail. ;)

Lauren T. said...

Sounds like you had a good vacation overall then, Jo! I've never done a drive-by, but I did freak out a friend when we drove by Country Club of the South one night on the way to a party. (She lives not too far from there.) I rattled off a list of the guys the public knows lives in CCotS (including athletes and rappers). I wouldn't have asked her to drive inside, though. She already thinks this blog is crazy enough. :D

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Sunday alot more than Saturday! I waited a while to get a pic with Moylan and it was worth it. got a pic with Moylan and I made his day. cuz they had this photobooth and it was him, Javy Lopez and, Boyer and eveyone wanted one with Javy. and i got to my turn and I was like "Can i get mine with only you?" and he was like yeah and we went to take the pic and Blain and Javy got in to take a pic and he was like "No mates, no. Only me" it caused the whole line to laugh, and then when we left i heard someone say "Peter thats your wife!" it was hilarious. winked at me twice. cuz i was at the kids' "Reading Dugout" cuz i can pass for a 10-year-old and he an Hudson were doing a Q&A there. and my sis said "Look there's Moylan" and im like where and I saw him and I was like "Oh my God!!" and he looked at me and i waved and he winked :'D!
((http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6ssrgbb&s=1))

his accent is really hot :D!

But i didn't enjoy saturday too much.

Anonymous said...

Ha, we didn't really have anything else to do after all our tours so we drove by the house. I would never go on the property unless I was invited. I just kind of wanted to see it in person since it looked so spectacular in print.

Now I just have to wait to graduate with my M.S. next spring, move up to Atlanta and get my season tickets. :D I should probably work on getting a job too lol.

Lauren T. said...

Excellent picture, Mandy! He's hotter than I remembered, and you got one of the rare pictures where he photographs well (he doesn't always). Nice job! :)

Anonymous said...

I only went on Sunday, and I hated the line thing. I was only two rows back when Kelly Johnson left! I did get a picture with Greg Olsen, though, which was cool. And at one point I was about 10 feet away from both Moylan and Hudson. Oh, and I got to meet Jerome Jurenovich, host of Braves Live. Other than that, I wish it was back at the field.

Lauren T. said...

Courtney, out of curiosity...how tall would you say Jerome is? He looks kinda tall on TV, but Our Katy Temple is a tiny girl, so that may be deceiving. ;)

I don't know why I'm curious about this. I guess if I found out he is 5'7" some other things would make sense.