Friday, April 18, 2008

MLB.com: Moylan's treatment going well


I'm cautiously optimistic...

...but he knew something was wrong the next morning.

"I woke up the next day and I just couldn't straighten my arm," Moylan said prior to the Braves' Friday night game with the Dodgers. "I couldn't bend my arm. I couldn't tie my tie, I couldn't comb my hair, I couldn't brush my teeth. It was tough."

While he knew something was wrong, he didn't know how much was wrong until the next day, when he flew back to Atlanta and met with the Braves' medical staff.

"Once I saw their faces and I saw their reactions I thought this could be trouble," Moylan said.

Then came the visit to Dr. Andrews, which didn't do anything for his state of mental health.

"When you walk into his office and you see all the posters and the signed memorabilia that says, 'Thanks for the reconstruction,' you start thinking, 'Holy cow, what's going on?'" Moylan said with a smile. "But he's had his opinion and it's the same as the Braves' medical staff thought -- there's a spur in there but, hopefully, we can treat it in the next couple of days and see how it feels after that.

"It's lot of stretching, a lot of exercising with bands," Moylan added. "The problem that I had was the range of motion with my elbow had gone. So it was all about getting the range of motion back, straightening my arm, bending my arm. It's just keeping my arm straight with weights at the end of it."

The combination of treatment and rest has made a noticeable difference.

"From Sunday to now, the difference is night and day," he said. "I feel like a completely new man. They're optimistic that with treatment, within the next seven to 10 days, that I can maybe play catch and see how it feels but I'll just have to wait and see."

Full article here.

In other injury news, it was just announced that Tom Glavine will go on the disabled list for the first time in his 22-year career. *sigh* More on that when we have an article to link...

10:15pm in-game update. Moylan's sitting beside Chipper on the bench, beard is growing out quite a bit. I never, ever, ever wanted to see Pete put a plug inside his lip. Ew. (barfy face)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohh that made my night. im not gonna lie. ive been all worried and sorta hadsfjlkhjtrtkcmpoifks43 on all this. its been weird not seeing him in games.