Thursday, June 19, 2008

Salty, you beautiful weirdo, I missed you!

For those of you who aren't familiar with former Brave Jarrod Saltalamacchia, he's a gem. He married a teacher from his high school before he could legally drink (she's 14 years his senior), and everything I've ever read makes it sound like he's desperately trying to break in with the cool crowd. This, from braves.com Tuesday, doesn't help:

"I've been talking to Chuck James and Jo-Jo [Reyes]," Saltalamacchia said. "I've called Frenchy [Francoeur] and Mac [McCann] a few times, but they don't answer and don't call back. Typical. I've texted Chipper a couple of times."
Did Chipper text back? I doubt it. :D

Well, he can always get some consolation from former Braves catcher and current bullpen coach, Eddie Perez...



Good to know I'm not the only one who loves him. Check out the picture page the Ladies... put together!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I love it when you post clips from the games...thank you! I only get SportsSouth every so often, so I don't get to /hear Joe and Boog nearly enough. Please feel free to post clips as often as you like! :)

Allee said...

Awww, Salty looked so sad!
He was just holding on to Eddie like he didn't wanna let go.
I'm also a big fan of these clips. =]

Jennifer said...

Oh, precious. You know how I feel about the catchers. <3

I didn't know about the teacher. That's good. And, it gives old hags like me hope. LOL!

RehabReject (Miami, FL) said...

haha, that little snippet from braves.com sums up the vibe last year when Salty was called up. For some reason Frenchy and Heap didn't like him too much. I think it's because Salty is a bit too cocky for them. He said something like "I got no friends here" last season when he was wired on sportsouth one night.

btw, Google Salty: http://tbaatil.blogspot.com/2008/06/hot-topic-former-braves-wives-special.html

Lauren T. said...

Salty's full of stuff like that. I love it. :D