Monday, July 28, 2008

Welcome back, Charlie!


I knew they wouldn't keep my boy in the minors long! How much do you want to bet he didn't even go to Richmond? Anyway, he'll be starting tonight against the Cardinals, backed by a lineup without Chipper, Baby, or, sadly, MattE Diaz. MLB.com is reporting:

Outfielder Matt Diaz, who has been out since straining the posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee on May 27, had a setback during his Minor League rehab assignment with Triple-A Richmond last week. While no structural damage was found in Diaz's knee, he may need to rest for at least another week.

I feel like I've said this 1000 times this season, but get well soon, boys. I mean it as much now as I did in April. <3

2 comments:

CABravesFan said...

You would have won that bet Lauren-Charlie was with the team in Philly.

That is a shame about MattE- I really miss him and his sweet smile:)

Jessica said...

Hopefully MattE will be back soon. I have no doubt that they wanted to send Jo-Jo down on Saturday, but needed a backup for Hampton and Charlie had just pitched. Glad they fixed it today :) I'm guessing Huddy got DL'd just because he probably needs rest, and it's not like we're winning the division this year (sorry). Hopefully Mac will feel better soon...but I am excited to see Sammons!