Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Schafer's Q&A on AJC.com

Q: What about the slogan on your arm?

A: It reminds me I can overcome things. It keeps me humble, no matter how good things get. My tattoo guy was making fun of me about how much I struck out. It was refreshing to have someone be honest, because outside [the clubhouse], everybody says you’re great. It’s nice just to hear somebody say, ‘Dude you struck out way too much.’

I'm glad to hear some people are being honest with him, and Logan seems to have grown up quite a bit in the last few months -- good for him. Let's hope some people outside of baseball will have some frank talks with some of the other players. ;)

Read the entire Schafer interview here.

4 comments:

slappywhite said...

"tattoo guy" doesn't every one have one of those?

amanda said...

lol slappy.


I liked Schafer more after reading that. I think humility is something that can't be faked. As cocky as he was before, it was nice to read that Q & A where he's toned it down about 40000 notches.
Either that or his advisers have been giving him Francoeur media quotes and saying 'No matter what you do, don't EVER say anything like this!'


Maybe someone can give Jeff a copy, if only for the "what to say when sent down" lesson.

CABravesFan said...

I think last year forced Jordan to grow up some. He seems like a good kid that never had to deal with adversity until then- this is nothing compared to that. It is really nice to see him handle everything so well...and I agree Amanda, it doesn't sound faked.

flbravesgirl said...

I was impressed. Sounds like he grew up big-time. Very pleased with his attitude.