Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Book Club: Evaluating Baseball's Managers


If you're into baseball history beyond what we see in Braves-centric television commercials, you should check out The Hardball Times' Chris Jaffe's upcoming book, "Evaluating Baseball's Managers". Scheduled to be released in January, it provides in-depth analysis of baseball managers beyond statistics. (Oh, trust me, there's plenty of statistics in there if that's your thing; I'm just saying that's not the entire book!)

Chris was kind enough to send over a few excerpts. I'd love to share them with you, but due to copyright restrictions, I'm not at liberty. To see his style, you can check out this link for excerpts (not all Braves-related). His section on Bobby Cox was exactly on point!

This book has a lot of promise, and I look forward to going through the entire book next month.

No comments: