Wednesday, October 19, 2011

World Series starts tonight!


For some Braves fans, the post-season has been sort of ignored. I know I haven't made a priority to watch every single game, though I've watched pieces of almost all of them. And personally, I don't feel strongly about any of the teams that made it to the playoffs.

Braves.com asked a few Braves who they're rooting for:
"I'll flip on the games, but I can't watch them," Braves catcher David Ross said. "It still puts me in a bad mood and makes you wonder what might have happened. I know we weren't playing well down the stretch. But it's still tough."
"It's a mixed bag," Braves reliever Peter Moylan said. "Obviously, I don't want to pull for the Cardinals, because they're the ones that knocked us out. But they're also from the National League and you like to pull for teams from your league. It's tough."
Braves right-handed pitcher Tim Hudson will watch the World Series hoping that Rangers manager Ron Washington leads his team to a championship. Washington served as the A's third-base coach when Hudson was pitching in Oakland.

Hudson has remained in contact with Washington and some members of the manager's family who were relocated from New Orleans to the Auburn, Ala., area after Hurricane Katrina.

"Wash has always been one of my favorites," Hudson said. "He's awesome."
He seems awesome! How fun would it be to watch him as a third base coach, considering how excitable he is in the dugout?

I asked the question earlier this morning on the Braves Love Facebook - who are you cheering for tonight? The responses so far indicate everyone's hoping for a Rangers win. I like the same number of individual players on both teams; the Cards have been really hot the last two months, but I think I could stomach it better if the Rangers win.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ha! I'm sad I didn't see Washington as a 3rd base coach. Must've been awesome.

I'm pulling for the Rangers. They haven't won one yet...the Cards have.