Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Game Day

I love the point in September when the air turns crisp, the skies are clear, and the breeze smells so clean. Fall is my favorite time of year.

Today, though, I'm excited for an entirely different reason: it's the Braves last homestand of the year, and I'll be at Turner Field tonight and Thursday. I'm taking off work early to see as much BP as possible -- I'll post pictures and any video I take.

Happy Birthday, Jen! I love that you chose to spend your special day at Turner Field. Smart Girl. :)

Ending today's post with a couple of quotes by my favorite Peter Moylan:

When Moylan returned to his hotel on Wednesday night, he found a number of messages from the folks back in Australia. His mother's included the motherly touch.

"She just said I looked great out there and handsome," Moylan said. "You know, all those things a mother would say." (MLB.com)
I'll bet his mom is awesome.


And from his Richmond days...
"I want to make it," he said. "I've got the stuff to make it. I want to, not only for me but my wife and child, and to shove it up ... those guys in '97 who said I couldn't do it." (AJC)
HA. I wonder if that ellipses is taking out some of his comments, or if he actually paused there.

No comments: