Thursday, February 7, 2008

U Kno Who

#10 showed up on the AJC website last night, saying he's not close to retirement and saying, "I love torturing mets fans too much to hang em up yet. And for all you guys that don’t already know this, DOB really is a douchebag!"

*sigh* Larry, don't give me any more reasons to dislike you. I don't see any of the other Braves superstars pulling stunts like this. >:(

To read the full exchange, here's the link to DOB's blog. The Man's comments start at 7:56pm on 02-06-08.

Your thoughts?

ETA: Reading further down, this made me laugh!

By clueless
February 6, 2008 10:16 PM | Link to this

dear u kno who,

what should i do for my girlfriend this valentine’s day?

clueless in athens
By U Kno Who
February 6, 2008 10:36 PM | Link to this

Girls like the romance. Whatever u do, it better be original. Flowers and candy are nice, but every woman loves the bling. At least that’s what I’ve experienced. But what do I know, I haven’t had the best luck with the ladies.



And this:
By U Kno Who

February 6, 2008 10:51 PM | Link to this

Frenchy and BMac really make it fun to come to the park. They both act like 12 year olds and that rubs off on the rest of us. They are constantly needling each other and it makes for hours of laughter for us old coots. But they are intense at game time and they want to win. Does it make me feel younger? No! But it is a nice change from the way the clubhouse used to be.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The negative comment about O'Brien was just a joke...Chipper and O'Brien know each other. Plus, he wasn't pulling a stunt, he was simply posting his comments. He answered questions for fans, and gave his input on off-season acquisitions. He's a regular reader of the blog. So i don't really think it's fair to criticize him when you don't really know him. I was on the blog when he started posting, and he didn't do anything negative at all.

Lauren T. said...

Anyone who'd had my personal experiences with Chipper wouldn't be falling over themselves praising him, and I won't do it either.

They are public figures, celebrities in their own right. We can like and dislike whomever we please for whatever reasons, but it's not your place to tell me what to think about Mr. Jones.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren,
What are your personal experiences with Chipper? Just interested in knowing.

Lauren T. said...

I don't want to go into too much detail, but I discussed it a little last season at Chop Nation. link

Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight, you're mad at Chipper for using sarcasm? Honestly, that is just plain wrong. I'm not telling you what to think, I'm just stating that it is unfair to un-properly judge him, like i said before...You don't really know him! You've only exchanged a mere few moments. And still, he didn't do anything wrong on the AJC Blog...

Lauren T. said...

Anonymous, several comments...

1. I don't think you read my entire post at Chop Nation. The "sarcasm" was only the beginning, and anyone who can make a child cry and not seem phased by it...I can't endorse that person.

2. I didn't share all my experiences with Chipper in that one post. I have experienced other things that I will never share in public that have helped form my opinion of him.

3. Calling someone a d-bag in a widely-read blog, then coming back later and saying he was "kidding" -- I don't know if I buy his half-apology, based on other times I've seen how he treats the people around him who only mean him well.