Friday, July 25, 2008

Gregor's post-game interview and more!

From after Wednesday's 9-4 victory over the Marlins...

Braves beat up Marlins
Braves beat up Marlins


----------------------

And, everything else I haven't posted in the last (busy) couple of days...

From Wednesday's Braves Live -- you may have noticed that Smoltzie called KJ "The Turtle" when reading the lineup before the game. Jerome filled us in later...

...And to explain the whole Kelly Johnson "The Turtle" thing, I asked Kelly and he says he's a quiet guy, he's a little shy, he basically just keeps to himself when everybody else is out giving each other grief and then once in a while he'll poke his head into the crowd and throw a jab in there and then he'll pull his head back in and look around and see if it was funny or not. So I asked him if he wanted to be the "snapping turtle" and he said no, he's content to just be The Turtle.


There are rumblings that Frenchy's up on the trading block, along with Teix, Kots, and Will Ohman. From MLB.com:
Francoeur is available. After his early success that included a spot on Team USA in the World Baseball Classic two years ago and a Gold Glove last season, the right fielder's production has tailed off the last couple of years.

This season Francoeur is batting .231 with a .286 on-base percentage, nine homers and 44 RBIs through games of Tuesday, July 22. His defense is not what it was, and the 24-year-old has put on at least 10 pounds.

Francoeur's on-base percentage trails all but three Major League outfielders with at least 300 at-bats, surpassing only Oakland's Emil Brown (.287), Minnesota's Carlos Gomez (.282) and Houston's Michael Bourn (.282).

Kansas City is thought to be one of the clubs with interest in Francoeur. GM Dayton Moore, formerly with Atlanta, is well acquainted with Francouer's talents.

Which bobblehead is this? Is that supposed to be... I can't figure it out. It's like Teix and Dale Murphy had a baby and it came out a bobblehead.

Former Brave Pete Orr!™ isn't going to the Olympics.

Former Brave Jarrod Saltalamacchia buzzed his head! I do not like it. (Thanks for the pic, Jo.)

Audio interview with Chipper on 680 The Fan (from the All-Star Break). Check out the discussions on the private jets!

If you live in the Atlanta area and subscribe to Comcast cable, there's a totally awesome (free) video on OnDemand with Will Ohman and MattE Diaz working at the Georgia Aquarium. To find it, go to OnDemand, then "Get Local", then "What's Hot", then "All in a Day's Work". Will is a Dive Master and MattE feeds the whale sharks! Check it out!

Finally, I saw this at ALDI and it made me laugh:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Ohman/Diaz thing on Comcast, it's hilarious :D. Ohman is pretty funny, but I laugh at just about anything ;)

MollyG said...

Muchos gracias for the Greg White interview! He's quickly moving up the ranks to be my favorite :)

Jennifer said...

Lauren, ya know, sometimes a smoked sausage is just a smoked sausage. Heeee! :p

Lizziebeth said...

Mucho thankso for repeating the Turtle talk, my wretched Dish Network recorded the wrong station the other night.

Lauren T. said...

Jennifer, don't lie -- you would have laughed and taken a camera phone pic too. :D

I want to know how much the Turtle story was embellished. I may need to ask KJ myself. (Ha, like that'll happen!)

Jennifer said...

False.

I would have purchased the things, brought them home, and proudly displayed them. Because that's the kind of 15 year-old boy I am. :D

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Chipper had a plane. I had read they flew to NYC via private jet but I just assumed it was a charter. I thought I knew everything about him lol.

Only people in the south can understand Chipper, right? ;)

Anonymous said...

Lo, I really don't understand Chipper, and I've lived in Atlanta my whole 14 years of life ;). It's not just a Southern thing...