Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pete and Phil stop by the press box

From DOB's blog this afternoon...

David O'Brien
February 17th, 2009
12:16 pm

Andy K, on whether Stockman left behind the lucky ‘roo nads, which turned out to be not lucky at all for Hudson and Hampton:

Pete: “Stocky’s had roo-nad replacement surgery, removed his own testes and replaced them with kangaroos nuts.” (The rest of what he said, I can’t repeat.)

Phil: “Obviouisly they weren’t good luck last year. I went with kangaroo ears this year.”

Pete: “And he’s sewn a patch on his stomach.”

Phil: “I put my car keys and phone in it.”
David O'Brien
February 17th, 2009
12:23 pm

Richie, on adding 200-inning guys:

Pete: “They’ve proven they can go 200 innings. It’s gonna keep the bullpen fresh. We’re not gonna have to come in in the fourth inning, so we’re gonna be fresh the whole year. Write this down. We’re gonna have the best bullpen ERA in the National League. I’ve got faith in my guys.”

Phil, singing: “I’ve got faith, faith….”

Pete: “No way you just sang George Michael.”
David O'Brien
February 17th, 2009
12:28 pm

Braves Fan, who asked about their goals for the season:

Pete: “Stay healthy.”

Phil: “Make that for both of us.”

Pete: “Stay healthy and get to the playoffs — and win a Camaro for MVP of the World Series.”

Phil: “Stay healthy, and we’ll see what happens. We’d like to be the first Australians to be in the bullpen at the same time. Which would be cool.”

Pete: “And I’d like to get my teeth fixed, if anybody out there can do cosmetic surgery on teeth.”

Phil: “Yeah, anybody out there can do that, put it down for both of us.”
Ah, if only I was a dentist. :D My roommate's going to be so excited Pete wants to get his teeth fixed -- that's the main reason she doesn't love him as much as others. (She has this thing against bad teeth!)

1 comment:

CABravesFan said...

How can you not love anyone that can talk about roo-nads and George Michael in a span of 2 minutes? Throw in a swoon inducing (at least for me) Aussie accent...I'm happy:)