Monday, May 18, 2009

Sporting News' Q&A with Frenchy

This picture doesn't belong to the article,
but it never fails to make me giggle.

Q: How special is it for you to be a hometown kid playing for the hometown team?

A: I love it. It's great. But it has its good and bad sides. On the bad side are the number of ticket requests and people always wanting you to do stuff. And there is a lot pressure playing at home. On the good side is the fact that you're really at home, not just in some place where you live during the season. And my family can come watch, so that's nice.

Full article online, here. I don't think he's being resentful when he lists "the bad side" -- I'm sure he'd rather deal with appearance requests than being practically ignored or constantly ragged on / rarely praised (which is what would likely happen if he was with another team). I've been called a "homer", and it's true -- I generally love the Braves and the members of the Braves no matter how they're performing. On the 40-man roster, there are, what, two or three guys I don't care for? That's a pretty good ratio.

As it stands, I am still rooting for Frenchy to live up to his potential. If nothing else, he's just so darned amusing to watch! :D

8 comments:

amanda said...

Yeah, if he weren't the hometown "hero" he'd get benched, like KJ does. So I can see how it has its pluses. :D

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad to see Frenchy having a better year even though he's been kinda slumping as of late. I really believe he'll come out of it. You know, I think the only guy on our team that I can say I just flat-out don't like is Jo-Jo Reyes. I pretty much love all of the rest of The Boys.

I just discovered your blog a couple of days ago, by the way. It's great! ;)

Unknown said...

I keep hearing "I Feel Pretty" when I look at that picture.

flbravesgirl said...

It would be hard not to like Frenchy. I hope all this work he's put in pays off.

Welcome, ima!

CABravesFan said...

thanks, Amy- now I will never be able to look at Frenchy the same! (or get that d*mn song out of my head!!)

flbravesgirl said...

My mental caption was just "Wheee!"

Unknown said...

Hee. Sorry, CABravesFan. *passes the brain bleach*

amanda said...

lol Amy that is hilarious and spot on.