Saturday, July 31, 2010

Welcome Rick Ankiel and welcome back, Kyle Farnsworth

First, adios Gloworm Gregor. You'll be missed, dollface, and I'm glad you've gone to a club where you can play everyday. Chavez, whatever. Tiny Tim, I wasn't sold on him. I guess we'll never know, will we?

Now, let's talk about our Trade Deadline Braves...


I never expected Rick Ankiel to be a Brave, and yet, here he is. Former pitcher, converted outfielder, he's not been the same since getting off the performance enhancers but he's certainly better than our other CF options right now. (Heck, who has been better after getting off PEDs, right? Heh heh.) The Braves say he'll wear jersey #28.


SI photo from askville.amazon.com

Farns was pretty polarizing among the ladies in his first go-round with the Braves. He was projected to be closer-quality if I recall correctly, but he'll be a middle reliever for us, and a more than adequate replacement for Chavez. The Braves say he'll wear jersey #43.

Obviously, the first thing I thought when I heard "Kyle Farnsworth" was, "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!!" My three male readers know what I'm talking about, I'm sure, but some of the ladies might not know. Seriously, this is how ubiquitous it is...


Videos are hard to come by - MLB likes to take them down - but here's a link to a couple. I enjoyed the Royals/Tigers fight and hope you will too. :D (ETA: Obviously, the Wilson fight is more famous and I'm told that link isn't working? Here's another link. Wilson's face after, img link.)

"Oh, you don't mess with Farnsworth; he ain't no joke."


Welcome aboard, new Braves!

No comments: