Saturday, September 4, 2010

More on Freddie's Debut

Gatherings from the regular media outlets...

Getty Images - Kevin C. Cox
Getty Images - Kevin C. Cox
Getty Images - Kevin C. Cox

Pre-game interview from yesterday -- cute giggle at the end!



Freeman to dad: “I need to be more focused….because I just got called up” by Carroll Rogers
“Who are you going to call?” Fred said.

“Should I call anyone or should you do it?” Freddie said.

“No, you should do it,” Fred said.

Postgame quotes following Hanson gem/Freeman debut by Carroll Rogers
On if he was surprised to see the shift:

“Yeah. I couldn’t believe that, but it worked for them. They did their scouting and it worked. I didn’t have a shift on me one time this year…I went to left field a lot against (Buffalo, Mets’ Triple-A affiliate). I guess they saw that.”

Freeman thrust right into Braves' lineup by Mark Bowman
Unfortunately, it's been 10 years since Rosemary Freeman has been able to provide her love to her three sons, who continued to prosper under the care of a father, who provided a regular diet of Subway sandwiches before learning how to cook such things as a chicken and rice dish that Freddie still calls his favorite.

Rosemary Freeman lost her battle against melanoma in 2000. Ten years later, as her husband stood proudly in Turner Field, her youngest son could take pride in the fact that he had realized a dream that his mother had helped develop.

"I was talking to her the whole game, saying, 'Wish you were here,' and 'I know you're watching,'" Freeman said. "She wasn't here physically, but I know she was here spiritually, and it was something special for her to be able to see that."
How sweet. ♥

Freeman enjoying taste of big league life by Mark Bowman
Freeman made his Major League debut Wednesday night, and then enjoyed his first charter flight when the Braves traveled from Atlanta to Ft. Lauderdale late Thursday night.

"We had Chick-Fil-A nuggets," Freeman said. "I've never had that on the plane. So I had to take advantage of that. I didn't even look at the dinner, because I was kind of full from the Chick-Fil-A."
I just asked my brother how many CFA nuggets a 20-year-old boy would have to eat to be too full to not eat dinner; he said 16-18. So funny! (My brother's about 6" shorter and 75 lbs lighter than Freddie, so take that into account.) You can eat CFA at home, hon' - try the real dinner next time! ;)

No comments: