Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mega Early December Link Roundup

It's the quiet time of the year for news, as most of the players are enjoying down time and the organization is pretty happy with our core team. We've added a couple of new bullpen guys, Scott Linebrink (who I don't know much about) and George Sherrill (love!). Here are some links to click...

While trying to remember if I knew anything about Scott Linebrink, a google image search turned up this link. He plays the guitar? Interesting. I don't love most of his pictures, though. I'm hoping he just doesn't photograph well and that his eyes aren't actually creepy. We'll see in the spring?

George Sherrill, on the other hand, was one of two Orioles I liked last year. I have full confidence he'll bounce back and be a great addition to our 'pen. (Also, I really like his face. exhibit 1 ~ exhibit 2 ~ exhibit 3)

I'm still not happy about losing MattE. He signed a two-year, $4.25 million contract with the Pirates this week. That's wonderful stability for him and his family -- I hope he'll have amazing success there.

There's an interesting article by gondeee over at Talking Chop about former Brave Johnny Estrada -- he's still battling post-concussion syndrome. :( Poor guy. Would love to see him playing again.

NOT that I encourage staring... but I saw this while reading about gay athletes and found it interesting, from a scouting perspective. (The article is not about gay athletes -- was just linked on the same website.) What Can You Learn From Staring at a Baseball Player's Butt? (a former Brave is mentioned in the article, and I quote: "I don’t want to say he’s got a perfect butt, but when I look at it I say, Wow.")

Hmm, I would think EO would want to keep this. I would, if I were him! Wonder if he had the option...

If you missed this twitvid by the Braves today, here's Fredi Gonzalez being interviewed at Holiday Party for the Troops. Our new manager is a doll, y'all. :D


Sorry it's been so long between posts. Thanks for all the IMs -- love you, lovvies! Happy holidays to you all!

No comments: