Monday, January 3, 2011

"Posts tagged Sweet"

One of the random emails I got this week was a link to this page, "Posts tagged Sweet". It took me a minute to figure out what, exactly, I was reading here? Oh, here it is...

* A trio of Wa-Hi graduates — Eric O’Flaherty, Drew Bledsoe and Dean Derby — were the recipients of Big Blue Boosters Professional Athletics Awards. O’Flaherty is a current member of the Atlanta Braves bullpen; Bledsoe and Derby are retired National Football League stars.
I did a quick google search for what the BBBPAAwards are, but I can't find any info on them. If you guys hear anything, let me know and I'll share it, ok? Congrats, EO! :)

Here are a few more news tidbits...

Beachy: KP Sportsman of the Year
Looking back over the past 12 months, it is clear that this year’s Kokomo Perspective Sportsman of the Year selection is the proverbial no-brainer. Northwestern High School graduate Brandon Beachy did what very few people ever have the opportunity to do. In a matter of months, Beachy went from AA baseball with a gig in the bullpen to starting one of the biggest games of the season for the Atlanta Braves.

Conrad relishes 'magical' walk-off grand slam
"It was just a magical season for me," Conrad said. "Even though it was a little bit rough toward the end, the whole thing was just positive and just a fun, fun season."

Rossy is hosting a father-son baseball camp on January 29 in Tallahassee. More details here.

Could I possibly love Top Chef's Richard Blais more? No. 

Man-blog-post about who will close for Atlanta next year, mostly focusing on Kimmeh. Can I say how much it bugs me when people put an H in Jonny's name? There's no H there. It's not that difficult. My name? Difficult. I don't get angry when people misspell it. But come on... these guys' names are in print everywhere. After 83 innings pitched with the big club last year, you'd think his name could be spelled correctly. /rant :)

Have links, news, anything else to share? Email or IM me anytime! :)

No comments: