Monday, March 7, 2011

2011 MLB Honorary Bat Girl Contest: Go Courtney's Mom!


Hi Lovvies! Reader Courtney's mom is up for the MLB Going Up Against Breast Cancer Honorary Bat Girl Contest -- won't you help her win?
Hey guys! My name is Courtney and last summer my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had to go through 6 chemotherapy treatments, a double mastectomy, and 6 weeks of radiation, all of which she just finished about 2 weeks ago. My whole family is very glad this is all over! It was kind of a tough half-year for us, with a lot of worrying for the first month or so when we didn't know much information about her cancer. I found out about it in the worst way--it was the first news I got when I returned from summer camp. But through it all, my mom has stayed strong. She has always been my hero, and her ordeal has only reinforced that for me. She never wavered, never once got down in the dumps or anything. She stayed courageous and strong, and that is why I nominated her for the Honorary Bat Girl Contest on MLB.com. For the contest, people are encouraged to share their story (or their nominee's story) of their battle with breast cancer. The prize, awarded to one winner from each team, is two tickets to the game on Mother's Day and the opportunity to be the honorary bat girl for that game! But I need your help: to win, my mother must get as many votes as possible! There is no limit to how many times you can vote. So vote, vote, vote! Let's see if we can get her to the game! Thanks for your help, and as always GO BRAVES!
Click here to go to the voting page! Her contest entry name is FuzzyOne; I already voted and will continue to vote! Good luck, Courtney's mom! 

No comments: