Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Media Day with four of our 2011 All-Stars!

From Media Day yesterday, pre-Home Run Derby:

(aww, embed isn't working.) Video Link!

JJ: Handsome as always, and I'm fascinated by scars. Where did his eyebrow scar come from?

Mac: Defending Chipper not being there - good boy. Chipper shouldn't be there when he just had surgery two days ago. He should be home getting healthy. This is not a Jeter situation.

Jonny: Aww, all the All-Stars go talk to him! He's shy but wants to meet all of you! Too cute.

Kimmeh: Honey, where is your dress shirt. I hope your super-cute girlfriend (according to Faye!) brought some nice clothes for you when she arrived. ;)


Mac being interviewed by the cages at batting practice: Video Link!

Another McCann / Jurrjens video is on MLB.com, but it's not embed-able. Video Link!


And I think I linked this on the blog's Facebook and Twitter already, but here's Chipper / Jonny talking about their All-Star selection...




AJC.com: Braves' first-time All-Stars look to McCann

“It’s a once-in-a-lifetime thing,” Venters said during All-Star media day Monday at the swank Arizona Biltmore. “To be here with these guys, it’s an honor to represent the Braves and the National League. I’m pumped about it. I’ve been calling [McCann] about every five minutes, asking what I’m supposed to do. Me and J.J. and Craig have been kind of following his lead.”

McCann, an All-Star in each of his six full seasons in the majors, said it wouldn’t take long for his Braves teammates to get the lay of the land.

“It’s self-explanatory,” he said. “They ask me a couple of questions – what time do we need to be here, what to expect – but other than that, I just told them to take it all in and enjoy every minute of it. It takes your breath away, the first time you walk in that clubhouse, put on that uniform and walk out there and just see all these guys. It’s amazing.”

MLB.com article: McCann grizzled vet among Braves' All-Stars
Perhaps McCann will relive last year's All-Star magic.

"Last year," he said, "was, for me, one of the highlights of my career."


This tweet of DOB's totally made me laugh. :D
#Braves'Kimbrel: "Even though I’m here because another guy couldn’t pitch, it’s still an honor to be here. Everything’s going so fast, I don’t really know everything that’s going on. "

Soak it up, boys. :)

1 comment:

CABravesFan said...

I love them. That is all