Sunday, September 25, 2011

Welcome back, Meds!



Fantastic inning, so excited to have Meds pitching again. The only thing that would have made it better is if he'd been socks up, but you know, not everyone wants to show off their sick calves. ;)

MLB.com article

AJC story

Postgame quotes, from the AJC:
KRIS MEDLEN

On his performance after missing 13 months recovering from elbow surgery

“Felt good. I floated to the mound from the bullpen. Obviously it’s bittersweet. I’d much rather go in and get a scoreless inning up 10-0 than down three runs. But from a personal level I can’t be happier, from the amount of work I put in and all that.”

“I was more nervous for the first Instructional League outing that this one. I didn’t feel anything really. I was zoned in.”

“Talking to Huddy, he had the same thing and said it just takes a little bit longer to get loose. It took me a little bit to get loose, but once I got loose, you don’t feel anything.”

So happy for him. :)

No comments: