Thursday, October 27, 2011

20 years ago today...we lost the World Series.

I don't even want to talk about this; it made me mist up a little. Here you go. Watch this video.



~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Some Braves won some awards...

McCann, Kimbrel are Sporting News NL All-Stars - more from SportingNews.com

MiLB Rookie of the Year and Most Valuable Pitcher for the International League, Julio Teheran! He started the only Gwinnett game I attended this year, and of course, we saw how well he pitched out of the big club's bullpen. I'm so glad we didn't give him up for a rental.

"Jairo Ascencio" won something too, I thought I read. But then I looked up the article on MiLB.com and it seems to just be praising his talent. ...I didn't read that closely. :D

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The appearances and charity work are starting early this year. You can click the pic of RunningMac in the top right corner of the blog for more info about his Rally Softball Game, and here are a couple of articles about some of y'all's favorite players:


Huddy and Rossy are competing in a Home Run Derby in Auburn. Is it this Friday night? The article doesn't give dates!

Beachy will be participating in a softball game on Saturday, November 5 in Alpharetta. Benefits go to help patients with Cystic Fibrosis. More info on the Alpharetta Patch website.

No comments: