Monday, November 22, 2010

2010 "Love Notes": Pitchers

At the end of 2008, I wrote an end of the year wrap-up on each player in the organization. Work was very busy last year and the wrap-up was skipped, but I have all the time in the world right now. ;) This year will be slightly different – I decided to write “love notes” instead of a semi-objective wrap up for each player. So here are short little notes to the boys, as if they’d ever read them! :D

Player list pulled from Baseball Reference and is in the order they presented  apparently, no particular order. It was the best way to make sure everyone was covered!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
#56
Dear Chris,

When I talk about you, I seem to spend a lot of time defending you against loser guys who mocked the backwards spelling of your name. You’re not that bad. :)

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#37
Dear JoJo,

I totally didn’t remember you made an appearance with the big club this year until I was pulling everyone’s names from Baseball Reference for this post. Sorry about that. I like it when you wear socks up.

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#37
Dear Beachy,

You are super cute, and I hope you don’t get traded away this winter because you showed so much awesome at the end of the season.

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#36
Dear Scott,

Your first day with the Braves, you came out in BP with an extra pair of shoes, put them down in front of you, and when BP was over, you took them back off the field with you. I’d really like to know why they came out in the first place, but it’s probably none of my business. :)

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#56
Dear MikeMinor,

Your beer shower on Braves Live was one of the most memorable interviews of the year. I look forward to seeing you pitch more next year!

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#11
Dear KK,

I wish we had seen some of the impressions we heard you do so well.

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#50
Dear Cristhian,

You creeped my friend and I out. Don’t do that again. You don't get a nice note.

Signed,
Lauren


-------------------------------------- 

#49
Dear JJ,

I loved talking with you in Publix at the Shop with the Braves this summer, and I’m so sad our picture didn’t come out well. I’m glad you took my suggestion to bring back the blow pops! :)

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#46
Dear Kimmie,

Funny, I can’t seem to find your autograph in my yearbook thingie from Baseball 101. I remember us talking about how you weren’t in there yet because you were a pretty recent callup, and I could have sworn you signed somewhere else in there. It’s okay; I’ll settle for a pic together next time we meet. :)

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#43
Dear Kyle,

Sorry if my suggestion to have my Twitter followers follow you caused you to close your account. Thought I was being helpful! :(

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#38
Dear Mike,

I loved the way your face had, like, 16 levels of smiles. You’ll be missed.

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#43
Dear Jesse,

“Low Rider”? Really? Hahahaha!

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#54
Dear Meds,

You’re hilarious, and you’re a doll-face. Heal up soon!

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#32
Dear D-Lowe,

From the stands, it looks as if you treat Meds and Tommy like kid brothers in BP – it’s one of my favorite things to see. I want to give you Gatorade popsicles every 5 days, and I don’t understand your hair.

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#15
Dear Huddy,

Comeback player of the year? Well deserved. Now, can we please see more videos of you pranking your teammates? We’ll love you forever for those!

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#48
Dear Tommy,

Do you have a height minimum for the girls you’ll date? One of my friends is curious.

Love,
Lauren (mostly, her friend)


--------------------------------------

#40
Dear Saito,

So, what do you order at Five Guys? I like that they tell you the origin of the potatoes for the fries every day (even if just a burger or hot dog is usually enough food for me and I don’t usually order fries).

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#34
Dear EO,

What’s the deal with the hat? The readers here are very amused that you take it off so often, even when the sun is beating down and you’re squinting. :) Do you just not care for them? Do you need a larger size?

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#13
Dear Billy,

I loved the way you took the young guys under your wing and the sense of humor we got glimpses of in the occasional interview. You’ll be missed.

Love,
Lauren


--------------------------------------

#39
Dear Jonny,

I'm so glad your arm didn't fall off. I like your socks and that our hair is close to the same color; please don't shave it all off again next year. Thanks for being such a sweetheart at Baseball 101 and at the CNN Center!

Love,
Lauren

PS – Please reconsider the dip. It’s gross, and no one wants you to get cancer.

-------------------------------------- 

#58
Dear Pete,

Early in the season, you demonstrated cricket pitches to a few of the guys during batting practice; it was very entertaining. You used to horse around more – we miss that.

Love,
Lauren

1 comment:

CABravesFan said...

Meds,

You're awesome and I miss you! Looking forward to seeing my fellow SoCal kid back on the mound :D