Thursday, November 11, 2010

Brian McCann: Four-time Silver Slugger

July 13, 2010; Anaheim, CA, USA; National League catcher Brian McCann of the Atlanta Braves holds the game MVP award after the 2010 All Star game at Angel Stadium. The National League won 3-1. Photo via Newscom

Congrats, BMac! I'm pretty sure he won this award on July 13, right? :)

MLB.com Video Link

The first time I met BMac was at a charity golf tournament, a day or two after his first Silver Slugger was announced. I congratulated him on the award, and he was exactly as modest as you'd imagine. Sensing he didn't want to talk about his awesomeness, I dropped the subject and we ended up talking about Frenchy the rest of the time -- he liked that much better. It was pretty hilarious. :D

Four Silver Sluggers in five years. Amazing.

2 comments:

CABravesFan said...

YAY MAC!!!
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3
He doesn't have to talk about his awesomeness- it just radiates through his smile :D

That picture makes me happy

flbravesgirl said...

I'd comment but CA said it for me. :-D