Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pete Orr!™ is a Phillie? NOOOO.

Source - Rally Foundation

I. I have no words. I can't cheer for the Phillies. But... Pete Orr!™
Phillies Sign Pete Orr
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 11, 2010 at 9:59am CST]

The Phillies signed utility man Pete Orr, according to Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun. Orr, 31, last appeared in the majors with the Nationals in 2009. In five seasons for the Braves and Nationals, he has a career .260/.287/.335 line. The Canadian has just 555 big league plate appearances, but he has played at second, third, short and in both corner outfield positions.

Orr spent the 2010 season at Triple-A Syracuse, where he batted .264/.326/.436 in 536 plate appearances. He hit 12 homers, stole 25 bases and played second, third, short and all three outfield positions.

I guess I'm glad one of my favorite former Braves found a job with a successful team. *margesimpsongrumble* Hey Pete Orr!™ - can you talk to stupid Jayson Werth about breaking my phone? Phones are expensive. ;)

No comments: