Sunday, April 3, 2011

First game of 2011!

Hooray, a 2-0 win over the Nats to start the season! Love it!! Obviously the big stories were Heyward's big homer and Lowe's strong start. Here's a video: Braves happy to win for Gonzalez (JHey, Chipper, Lowe, Freddie)


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Postgame quotes in the AJC -- I especially liked what Freddie said to Jason...
***FREDDIE FREEMAN

On his pal Jason Heyward’’s homer:

“That’s two years in a row, first at-bat. I guess we’ve got to keep that going next year.”

What did you say to him afterward in dugout?

“Again?”

And all of Friday's closer's verbiage...
***CRAIG KIMBREL

“It felt real good. I was still nervous – I’m going to be nervous every time I go out there. Nervous and excited.

“Hopefully this season me and Jonny are going to have a lot of opportunities to do that, because if we’re put in those situations that means we’re winning a lot of ballgames.”

Being used back-to-back with Jonny Venters: “Whatever order it’s in, that’s going to be good.”

“Awesome game. Everybody did their part today, and that’s why we got a W.”

Did he even feel the cold with all his adrenaline:

“It was cold. When I got back in here I had to take my shoes off so I could let my toes thaw out.”
This is going to be a fun year, you know? :D

source
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

FSS postgame video interviews with JHey and Fredi Gonzalez

source
1 win down, TONS MORE TO GO. 2011 is going to be amazing. 

No comments: