Saturday, June 4, 2011

"Wiggle and Sizzle"

Did you know the AJC's Terence Moore is writing for MLB.com now? He is, and today's article recap title comes from his article on how fantastic Jonny's pitching is. He's swiped four wins already, and it's barely June! Amazing!!

"Since I was born in Kentucky, all of my family were Reds fans, so I was a Reds fan growing up, and Barry was one of the better players on the team, so I always liked him," Venters said. "And Kirby Puckett, it was because he hit so hard, and he just seemed like a cool guy and a good player. Later, when we moved to Florida, I started liking the Braves, because they were winning championships (during the 1990s)."

Those Braves had flame-throwers, ranging from John Smoltz to Mark Wohlers to John Rocker, but Venters' favorite Braves player was soft-throwing lefty Tom Glavine. Said Venters, "Since I was a starter growing up, you envision yourself being one of the better starters in the game, but I could never hone my skills the way (Glavine) did."

Tommy Glavine was my favorite pitcher! I was seriously heartbroken when he went to the Mets - our rivals at the time - even though I understood the "business decision" part of it all. The way he worked the black and the ice in his veins while he was on the mound... Glav was by far my favorite.

Anyway, the point to quoting this article was to say I'm glad Jonny's getting more attention for being so amazing. He deserves to be an all-star this year, and I hope he's selected.

Venters is a star in waiting for Braves - MLB.com

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

JJ won NL Pitcher of the Month for May! Congrats, JJ!!

MLB.com article

AJC.com article

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Gene J. Puskar/AP


CABravesFan pointed me to a CNNSI article (Braves' sturdy McCann is baseball's surest bet behind the plate) for the picture of Mac, but the text is pretty great too. Give it a read!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Moylo's Twitter is all the rage these days, and Deadspin even reposted the hilarious picture he put up of himself in (what we're guessing is) one of his fiancee's dresses. He's always good for a laugh; aren't you following him on Twitter yet?


Video - Moylo and Meds on Rock 100.5 this week - Moylo shows off his surgery scar! aww :(


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

A Prado post-game interview... two girls who saw this are pretty upset that there's another guy in the frame. Ha!

No comments: